Friday 19 February 2010

Woes of Working

I know I'm lucky to have a job in the current economic climate, so please don't take the following rant as my being ungrateful, but...

I've now started my fourth week at work but as yet have yet to receive any money. This is not particularly unusual, we're paid fortnightly and a week in arrears so these first few weeks are bound to be hard. This doesn't make living through the situation any easier. Having been without work for the previous six months my funds were already low, and travelling into Zone 1 on the Tube for my shifts isn't cheap! The result is that I'm rapidly approaching the point at which I cannot afford to go to work!

In the meantime, I'm just returning from my shift tonight and will be working again tomorrow night until midnight. Unfortunately in between the two is a fire drill at 9am for which attendance is mandatory. This means my entire Saturday (from 9am to midnight) will be spent at work with a big chunk of hours for which I won't be paid.

I'm just having a bit of a moan. I can't do anything about there things so all I'm left with is a good old rant. I do like my job and I'm grateful I've got it, I just wish I had a bit more money and a bit more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment