Wednesday 17 February 2010

And now for something completely different

Like many would be bloggers, I've found it difficult to keep up the necessary levels of motivation and dedication required to continually update a blog. For me this is often because I'm distracted by many other things and find it difficult to come up much to say on just a single topic. It's very much a case of my being too widely spread, and at the same time shallow in my thinking. Recognising that I am unlikely to change this any time soon I have decided to embrace rather than repress this side of me and provide blog content which more closely mirrors the magpie like nature of my intellect.

Oh a shiny thing... where was I?

"I like to share things I find on the internet." That's kind of my catchphrase and is evident in the number of links I post on Twitter and Facebook. Believe it or not, I restrain myself from posting everything I would like to share for fear of overwhelming people even more than I currently do. So I have a blog I update rarely and struggle to find things to talk about and Twitter & Facebook accounts clogged with too many links and not enough conversation... Eureka!

I will henceforth be trying to use my blog more frequently, and at the same time reduce the clutter on my other feeds, by gathering these links to internet trinkets and baubles together and putting them on my blog.

Initially this will probably be collections of YouTube videos. Instead of posting several links in a row as I finishing watching each one I'll try to restrain myself and just pop them in a blog post. In fact I think I'll do so right now...


Let me know what you think about my idea and if you have any other suggestions on how to make my life as a blogger easier

No comments:

Post a Comment