Sunday 21 February 2010

Suddenly Sunday

It's gone midnight which means Sunday is now upon us! The traditional day of rest and this week I feel I've earned it.

My Saturday began with the alarm waking me from my slumber at the sickeningly early time of 6am after a scant 4 hours sleep. My shift was not until 4.30 that afternoon so why was I inflicting such torture upon myself? Unfortunately for me I had to attend a fire drill and staff meeting at 9am, the lengthy journey meaning it would not be feasible to return home between the two.

I didn't waste these hours in which I was stuck at work. I packed another bag with my laptop and text books and squeezed in some studying whilst trying to stay awake. So while I am now utterly exhausted I feel like I've achieved something from the day and can now enjoy a guilt free lazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment