Monday 20 August 2012

I've turned up late to the Gangnam Style party


But now here I am dancing my ass off to this K-Pop viral video masterpiece:



The video is currently number 2 on YouTube's music chart and despite having seen it around the web for weeks now, I hadn't actually watched any of it until it was featured in the latest Teens React:



I've seen a few K-Pop videos in passing but never been overly impressed by any of them, this one however is something special.


The tune is a decent sounding piece of pop which I'm told is all about living the glamorous lifestyle associated with Seoul's Gangnam District, analogous to Beverly Hills. But let's face it, the real source of this video's popularity is the wonderful display of dancing given by PSY.

(It also turns out I'm not the only person who has been thinking it was called Gundam Style.)

No comments:

Post a Comment