Wednesday 18 August 2010

Mel is alot Madder than Max ever was

I've been on a Mel Gibson kick tonight. First there was Edge of Darkness in which Ray Winstone stole the show, followed by the first of the Mad Max films.

I wasn't overly impressed with Edge of Darkness, Mel's dodgy Massachusetts accent and a poorly explained plot left me bored and frustrated. Mad Max on the other hand was a delightful surprise.

I must have watched it at some point in my teens, but I find it hard to imagine that I would only remember the sequels if I had. It's clearly B-movie material from start to finish yet it manages to stand out from that mediocre crowd.

The angel faced Mel Gibson shines in the role and shows no sign of his current instability (he gets through the entire film without out any racist tirades) providing us with a cinematic record of Mel being Mad... but not as mad as he is now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment