Tuesday 10 August 2010

The Case of The Missing Hotdog

One of the staff members at the cinema I work at may lose their job because of a missing mouthful of hotdog and I am partly responsible.

It won't be me making the decision as to whether they remain with us, and I didn't have anything to do with the morsel of meat disappearing. I was merely the supervisor on the shift and noticed that a previously whole hotdog was no longer so.

I was therefore duty bound to determine the whereabouts of the missing sausage, questioning staff and diligently sifting through an entire bin in a fruitless search. If it is determined that the staff member ate a bite of the hotdog (which the evidence certainly suggests is the case) they may lose their job.

It seems ridiculous that such a trivial incident could leave someone unemployed. I have no qualms over the termination (of employment) for those found stealing money, repeatedly turning up late or generally under-performing, but firing someone for eating part of an item that is only worth pennies to the company seems such a waste.

This isn't the first time a member of staff has thrown away their job for a mouthful of food and I doubt it will be the last, I just hope that next time they do it on someone else's shift and save me the moral headache.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.1

No comments:

Post a Comment