Friday 4 September 2009

Twitter Time?


I've been finding it difficult to make time for Twitter recently. I've not fallen out of love with it, I just can't seem to devote as much time to it as I used to.

You'd have thought that having left my 9-5 job the extra hours at my disposal would have allowed a richer and deeper set of Twitter relationships to develop, but somehow the opposite has occurred?

Having thought on it I now realise that Twitter filled a niche in my daily routine which has suddenly become far narrower. Previously the bulk of my Twitterings took place during my daily commute to and from work. Lunchtime, tea breaks and any spare moments in my working day involved a quick check of Facebook and a longer spell on Twitter.



My current worklessness doesn't provide such a neat slot for Twitter to occupy. Now it must compete with all the other distractions of the modern world and it suffers for it.

It's absence has been felt so I now find myself looking for ways to recapture the magic of the early days in our relationship and find time for Twitter once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment