Wednesday 2 September 2009

Three Months

My friend Samantha has just begun a three month trip travelling through South America. I'm a little envious, not only of the exciting journey she'll be undertaking, but of her bravery in setting out alone into the world.


Three months seems like a long time, a full quarter of a year, so you may imagine my surprise at discovering that I haven't performed a full week of work in over 3 months. More than 100 days since I last completed a full 40 hours of toil and effort. It's a long and uninteresting story that led to this period of enforced idleness but the realisation of it's length shocked me. Three months may seem like a long time but I now realise it can fly by seemingly in a flash!


I had already promised myself that come September 1st I'd take steps to improve things and better my situation and so far a promising amount of progress has been made. I had given up smoking at the end of last year but three months ago I slipped back into old habits. Now I'm two days smoke free and going strong, determined not to give up on giving up.


I've looked at the courses on offer at my local college and have found one which seems ideal. I've made the necessary calls and now just need to drop my application in and hand over the tuition fee. My job search has now switched from a passive approach to an active one and I'm looking into the grants/funding/benefits available to me.

There's still a lot of other things on the infinitely long 'To Do List' in my head but I'm trying to keep in mind that it's better to do something, rather than try to create the perfect plan of action without ever executing it.


I'm looking forward to these next three months. I'm setting some goals and working hard toward achieving them. I'm imagining what a difference three months can make and how to go about making sure those differences are positive ones. When Samantha returns from her travels I'm sure she'll have had three months of change and excitement, here's hoping that in that same time I too will have experienced something similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment