Friday 18 February 2011

Lies your momma told you about your body

You should already know that she lied about it giving you hairy palms and making you go blind, but Cracked have a list of 5 other body myths you might still foolishly believe in.

One from the list that has always puzzled me is the "shaving will make it grow back twice as thick", which seems to have encouraged many teenage boys to scrape away at their face every day in a futile effort to boost their facial topiary potential.


I was told the same lie but it was as a reason not to shave. This meant I went through large chunks of my teenage years with whispy bum fluff attached to my chin that I wasn't being allowed to remove!

I don't think this was malicious on my family's part. Instead I believe that that they believed it, and somehow thought it would be worse for me to grow a full man-beard at a young age.

Anyway... read up on this myth and 4 more over at Cracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment