Wednesday 9 March 2011

WTC Attack September 11, 2001 - Video footage from NYPD Helicopter

The video is from an NYPD Air Sea Rescue helicopter and starts after both of the World Trade Center's towers had been struck and was obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request.

Right off I have to say I didn't watch this whole video. Usually I wouldn't post something without having viewed it in its entirety but I had to make an exception in this case as I just found it too disturbing. I did watch short sections from various points in the video and as far as I can tell there is nothing shocking in the footage other than the horrific event itself.

It's hardly in keeping with the lighthearted nature of my other blog posts but I felt it needed to be shared nonetheless. Nearly 10 years on, my heart goes out to everyone who lost someone that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment