Saturday 15 January 2011

Google Science Fair

As a child there were lot's of things to envy about the lifestyles of the kids shown in American TV shows. Their good looks, their lack of uniforms, their bleachers to make out under, and most of all... their science fairs.

I was a really smart kid in school and loved science which made the idea of a science fair appeal to me on two levels:

1. I'd get to build something really cool.
2. I'd definitely win and show everyone how much smarter I was than them.

Mwahahaha!
*ominous rumble of thunder*

Now that I'm (slightly) more mature I know that I was wrong to think this way. Yes I'd still get to build something cool but I am no longer so arrogant as to think I'd have won.

No, the prize would of course have good to an inferior project, made by the mother of the kid who sticks crayons down his pants. Darwin forbid that we reward the smart people! We have to be inclusive!
WE HAVE TO MAKE EVERYONE... FEEL...
SPECIAL!!!!

...sorry about that :-|

Yeah, so Google have announced a worldwide online science fair, using a cool Rube Goldberg themed video. Enjoy.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment